Saturday, February 6, 2016

The long awaited EEG

    So far so good!  I'm feeling quite a bit better since the last episode although my nerves seem to have been on the fritz the past couple of days.  After waiting for the sleep clinic to contact me and hearing nothing, I finally started calling them...every hour.  I started leaving them messages about every 60 minutes until I finally got through to someone!  She looked up my referral and got me all scheduled for the ambulatory EEG my neurologist ordered about 5 weeks ago!  Yay!  Some less than great news is that it isn't until March 3rd, but at least it's happening.

    From the little I know about ambulatory EEGs, it sounds like I'll go in on the 3rd, get all hooked up and then go home.  I'll continue to go back in at the same time each day for two to four days.  Hopefully I have a big seizure during that time so the EEG can record the electricity in my brain and the doctors can tell me what the heck is going on.

    Thank you for all of the prayers and well wishes!  I have an amazing community around me physically, spiritually and emotionally and I greatly value that! =)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que me dijiste?