Monday, February 8, 2016

Superbowl 50 and The Crying Tebow

    Well, yesterday was an interesting day (and I'm not just talking about the superbowl).  So my last episode was on Wednesday last week and, although I haven't had another one, I've been battling this weird migraine on and off for 4 days.  I seem to be getting them after episodes, especially after what I call "stand alone" episodes (an episode with non-episode days on either side of it).  It's usually on the right side of my head and is very pressure sensitive, makes my eyes really sensitive to light, etc.  It's pretty much always lurking in the days following a stand alone episode but if I laugh or bend over, the pain intensifies significantly.

    So after dealing with this migraine for four days, I finally felt well enough to go for a walk; just around the block, something light and easy.  I couldn't make it even a quarter of the way.  I didn't even realize what was happening; all of the sudden I was on the ground, in pain and in this awkward kneeling position.  I couldn't put any weight on my ankle so I just stayed there for a couple minutes crying, trying not to puke (it hurt so bad and pain of any kind hurts my feelings....I know it's ridiculous) and trying to figure out what had happened.  Apparently, I had walked off of the road, twisted my left ankle, tore open my right knee and landed looking like I was taking a knee...I call this move "The Crying Tebow" and it will soon be all the rave.  :)

    After taking a second to realize that I was not going to puke, that no, I was not dying and no, someone did not push me, I braved the pain of standing, called Netti (one of my sisters) and told her what had happened...she laughed, apologized, laughed some more and sent Jay (my brother) and Halee (my sister-in-law) to come get me.  They pulled up in Netti's car about a minute later, I limped over to it and got in and they drove me the 20 seconds home.  At home, Netti took care of my knee (because I'm a baby and a horrible patient when in pain) and got ice for my ankle, which had already swollen enough to make my shoe feel tight.  As the evening wore on, I realized that, in addition to my ankle and knee, I must have pulled some muscle in the fall because, man am I sore!  So the evening was spent watching the Broncos dominate the Panthers in superbowl 50 with nachos, ice, Advil and muscle rub, card games and bananagrams on the side.  I still feel a little loopy but the weird level is low enough to push through which is good because I'm turning in my nursing application today!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Que me dijiste?